Rich coffee with steamed milk and a vanilla cream topping.
This recipe is one of our favorites from:
Flavorful Barista : Coffee and Tea Recipes
Available for both smartphones and tablets on Amazon.com
Yield: 8 ounces (250ml)
Prep time: 7 Minutes
Total time: 9 Minutes
4 ounces (120 ml) freshly brewed coffee, medium roast or dark roast, preferably from 100% arabica beans
2 ounces (60 ml) milk
2 ounces (60 ml) heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla
1) Brew 4 ounces (120 ml) of medium or dark roast coffee, 100% arabica if available.
2) If you have a steam infuser, steam the milk. If you do not have a steam infuser heat the milk to almost boiling (about 190F or 95C).
3) Whisk the heavy whipping cream until stiff. Add the vanilla and continue to whisk until firm.
4) Combine the coffee and milk.
5) Add two tablespoons of the vanilla whipped cream on top of the coffee.
6) Sweeten to taste.
Calories (kcal) 245
% Calories from Fat: 85%
% Calories from Carbohydrates: 10%
% Calories from Protein: 5%
Read our current articles:
Choosing the right coffee for home brewing