An amazingly smooth cocoa drink with just a hint of exotic cinnamon and clove.
This recipe is one of our favorites from:
Flavorful Barista : Coffee and Tea Recipes
Available for both smartphones and tablets on Amazon.com
Yield: 8 ounces (250ml)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 13 Minutes
6 ounces (180 ml) cold mlk.
1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ounces (60 ml) cold water
2 teaspoon (10 ml) raw sugar
1/8 teaspoon (.65 ml) all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon (.65 ml) ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon (.65 ml) ground clove
1/8 teaspoon (.65 ml) vanilla extract
1/16 teaspoon (.35 ml) “a dash” of salt.
1) Combine the cold water, unsweatened cocoa powder, raw sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small sauce pan and whisk until it is well blended and smooth.
2) Warm the mixture over low heat.
3) Bring the mixture to a simmer while constantly whisking to keep it from burning.
4) Once the mixture is hot and has thickened, gradually stir in the milk.
5) Once the milk begins to bubble and almost begins to boil, stir in the vanilla extract.
6) Add an optional whipped cream topping, a few dribbles of chocolate syrup, and perhaps a few sprinkles of cocoa powder.
Calories (kcal) 153
% Calories from Fat: 35%
% Calories from Carbohydrates: 48%
% Calories from Protein: 16%